embark on a beautiful adventure
Welcome to your self-love guide
The idea of getting sexy photos taken can be TERRIFYING, but it doesn’t have to be! We live in a culture that the media wants us to look a certain way and says we are not good enough.. I’m here to help you give them the middle finger and let everyone know you ARE enough. Thank you for trusting me to capture how amazing and beautiful you truly are!
We have been working together since 2018! Working with over 100 women of all different types of women, we love showing you how beautiful you are and showing yourself in a new light.
I am the owner of Shae Photography and creator of Goddess After Dark! My goal is to empower women and love themselves just the way they are. Most of us look in the mirror and pick ourselves apart but our “imperfections” we see in ourselves are what make us unique and stand out in the crowd. Let’s just celebrate our differences!
I have been a freelance makeup artist for 6 years now with professional training from previously working at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm excited for what the future holds!
“I believe all women are pretty without makeup- but with the right makeup can be pretty powerful” - Bobbi Brown
Included in session fee
What you'll receive
15 minutes of shooting with posing guidance
10+ beautifully retouched images
Styling tips and client closet access
Lots of self confidence
Access to client closet + props
- Prints & Albums can be added on
- Hair & Makeup can be added on to some sessions
"We are all born beautiful. The greatest tragedy is being convinced we are not."
- Rupi Kaur, Milk and Honey
These are only suggestions
What to bring/
- Lingerie in colors that suit your skin tone (tan, white, black, red, dark blue, dark green)
- Kimono/robe, lacy gown
- Bodysuits, these are my favourite and photograph amazingly
- Oversized sweaters or button up shirt
- High heels
- Props (drinks, food, jewellery, guitar, etc. List props you will bring in the questionnaire below to see if it will work)
- You do not need to bring everything listed but if you can’t decide what to bring options and we will help you choose.
What to avoid/
- Babydolls, these actually will make you look bigger in photographs
- Corsets that lace up backs take a while to put on and restricts your movement. Bustiers work great though
- Two piece that don’t match in color or style
- Please no cheesy/cliche props like chalkboards or long pearl necklaces
- If you would like to do a vintage shoot please tell me in the questionnaire because my posing is very modern and I may need to change things up
Please note if you want to do full nude or shower shots, tell me in our messages or at your session. I will not ask or assume you want to! Client closet has sizes xxs-5xl.
Showing up on time is important so that we are not rushed and we can work together to capture a lot of variety for you.
- Go shopping for that perfect outfit, or search my client closet.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, give yourself time to make sure you are happy with it.
- Stay out of the sun – while a tan will be nice in photos, red blotchy skin will not be.
- Find any poses you would like to try, screenshot them to show me during your shoot.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water and bloating.
- Collect everything your bringing into a bag including heels, jewellery and/or accessories.
- Moisturize your skin.
- If you wax or shave do so a few days before to avoid redness and irritation.
- Make sure your nails are nicely shaped and polished. Please no chipped nail polish or missing fake nails.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin!
- Plan for a good night's sleep.
- Eat a light but filling meal to avoid bloating.
- If you have makeup application come with a clean face.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks, tight clothing or tight bra straps). Come dressed comfy!
- Use clear deodorant or none so there are no marks on clothes or lingerie
- Moisturize again!
- Come with an open mind and positive attitude :)